WHAT WE DON’T DO@Altus
This section explains what we DON’T do and yet they are essential to the admission process at the Top Schools / Ivy Leagues.
Altus does the core piece of differentiating you, which usually takes time and effort.
/ WE ARE NOT YOUR SCHOOL GUIDANCE OR ADMISSION COUNSELLOR /
1. We expect you to get good grades, SAT, and ACT scores. Top Schools and Ivy Leagues have “cut-off” scores. We also do not expect every student to aspire for the Top Schools. You are unique. Be unique. Be YOU!
2. We focus on “Action.”. Our work starts where your Counsellor ends! That’s the way to view it. It is a continuum.
3. Your guidance counselor knows which school is best for you; We work towards getting you to those you aspire towards or to a higher college. However, we are Industry and Future-focused, so we will advise you about majors and minors that create tangible future skills. This is a subject we know very, very well!
Note: We also try to get you introduced to several professors before the admission process, based on the Project you execute here.
/ WE WILL ADVISE YOU ABOUT THE COLLEGE ESSAY, BUT WON’T WRITE IT FOR YOU /
We typically don’t help with the college essay. However, we build the differentiation to either write it yourself or seek advice from a professional college admissions counselor.
We suggest that you seek professional advice. We can, of course, work with your guidance counselor and provide the details of your project.
The reason we don’t help with college essays is simple. It is NOT our core strength. Others do it better than us.
/ WE CAN’T HELP YOU STUDY HARDER /
1. Unfortunately, we can’t help you with your grades or school subjects, although we fully understand the pressure you may face. We have walked your path.
2. However, we will teach you how to manage time, be efficient and effective! These habits create leaders.
3. We will, of course, help you study smarter.
/WE WILL NOT TREAT YOU LIKE STUDENTS /
Let’s get this straight – we treat you like adults ( and as if you are nearly graduating from University and have a mission to accomplish )
We expect you to be passionate and excited about what you want to do in life and Grad School! You are the only person who has to take the greatest interest in your dreams – no one else. We will help you, but you have to walk your path.
/ WE HATE BEING BORING/
Please don’t be boring! Be interesting and be creative. Speak your mind here – this is a place with an open culture.
This leadership program is tough and is very outcome-based, but humor and wit are a must here. If you are passionate about something, be joyful.
Who wants to go through life and not being able to enjoy the ride?
We like to have FUN! You should too. This is NOT a jail. This place is your FREEDOM.